Dedication

TO LEON WERTH

I ask the indulgence of the children who may read this book for dedicating it to a
grown-up grade personne, adulte
persona mayor, adulto
. I have a serious reason: he is the best friend I have in the world. I have another reason: this grown-up understands everything,
even même
hasta
books about children. I have a third reason: he lives in France where he is hungry and cold.
He needs cheering up elle (la personne) a besoin d'être consolée
necesita (esta persona) consuelo
. If all these reasons are not enough, I will dedicate the book to the child
from whom this grown-up grew qu'a été autrefois cette grande personne
que una vez fue esta persona mayor
. All grown-ups were
once d’abord
primero
children -
although mais, cependant
pero, sin embargo
few of them remember it. And so I correct my dedication:


TO LEON WERTH

WHEN HE WAS A LITTLE BOY


en anglais           chapter 1

Commentaires